Kyle and Death


Kyle, there are many ways to interpret how I feel about you. The one that matters to me happens when I am alone, and everything about us becomes a paragon of docile existence, as if we were a real couple. It's possible that we are better than that. We always were.

You said to me once that you would never survive my death. Yours? Possible to survive, knowing I will meet you, when it's all over. What if Death is as final as many think it is? Have we been wrong all our lives?

I don't care that you are fading away, and that I have no recourse, no hope. May you spare me the rite of the last words, because I wish to knock on your door just down the hallway. Let me in.

Come to me and close my eyes to the upcoming terror that awaits us. Hold me, I need it. Until I meet you again, my friend, my lover, My Kyle. 

© Text: Orlando Barahona
© Image:  Josh/Flickr
This work by Orlando Barahona  is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram