Trust



I always feel as if I am waiting at a train station with the baggage from my past, waiting for a friendly face to engage the rest of my life. I tend to forget the grit of work and service to others, but service lately feels more like the expression of my spirit, happier to be in the world as it is.

One belief I have is that the God so many speak of is in fact all of Humanity as cells that form a larger body. With utmost sincerity I believe that we are all meant to act together as a force to protect our Earth, to educate each other and grow as individuals. By serving my peers I have my faith restored in the faces of those who are grateful and strive to be better people.


Because of my nature I always find beauty in the worst that happens around me, even now, when I hear the struggle in your voice on the phone. This makes me feel anxious, afraid of what could happen to you; triggers wish to spike my panic. My anger is defined as frustration from feeling helpless and there is nothing possible for me to do thousands of miles West of your home. Because I’m stronger, I won’t drown into a relapse before I meet that friendly face of yours and go forth.

Text: © Lucius Bod
Image: © "Trust" by Matthias Weinberger/Flickr




 This work by Orlando Barahona is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram